Thursday, August 4, 2011

One week till cast removal!

OK - I am one week out for cast removal and hopefully K-wire removal, and into the boot.  I am getting soooo sick of the cast!  Feels like I am dragging an anchor around on my foot all day - or wearing heavy wool socks in the summer time.  When my foot swells I feel the wounds pressing against the cast.  Every day I dream of the technician using his 'saw' to cut it off -(the cast - not my foot :-) )   and the relief I will feel - ahhhh!    So - I am a little anxious - I know they will take an X-ray - and I am assuming foot is healing well, wounds healing well - that I get to the boot and not any bad news - like 'you need to go back into a cast'.   Not too worried about the wire removal - you all tell me that it really does not hurt.  Time does fly though - It will be six weeks since my surgery on Sunday.  Hard to imagine that my left foot has not touched the ground in 6 weeks - and that I coped this long.

You see - We ALL have the capability to endure these types of things - You need mental stamina as well as physical.  Keep positive my fellow elite Lisfranc injury club members!  (Not a club that we encourage anybody to join).

No comments:

Post a Comment