Monday, August 15, 2011

Supplements

Part of the healing process is definitely related to diet and life-style.  My Surgeon seems pleased with my healing so far and I attribute some of this to my use of dietary supplements.  I have a very good friend who owns a Vitamin company called Designs For Health.  They market directly to Nutritionists and Physicians.  Since she is also a Nutritionist, she has recommended a supplement routine that I am on twice daily.  I don't know exact dosages - and it may differ by individual, so I will provide the general supplements I am taking.  Check with your physician before taking anything.   But I am using:

- Men's Multi daily
- Large Bayer Aspirin daily - for blood thinning
- Co-Q-10
- Zinc
- Vitamin D
- Glucosamine
- Calcium
- Vitamin C
- MSM

and then two proprietary formulas from Designs for Health - One called Arthrosoothe  and one called Inflamatone

In general - This mixture is helping to prevent, enhance or reduce - inflammation, bone growth, soft tissue healing, skin healing.

I have to say I am a believer and that I'll take any edge over not doing nothing at all on this front.



No comments:

Post a Comment