Friday, August 19, 2011

How to get a Lisfranc - but you were afraid to ask

So we all have our own personal stories as to how we got this injury - tripping on steps, curbs, missing a step, falling off a ladder, a horse (the original), wrestling, martial arts, snowboarding, skiing, wind surfing, auto accident, industrial accident, ballet, football, surfing, walking, tripping, tripping on high heels, playing with your kids, jumping off a sailboat onto a dock, and walking off of a boat and hitting the cleat - which - you might ask - what is it - ?   Here is a pic to "re-enact" my injury...

I just happened to be passing a mooring cleat and had my friend take this pic - I want to piece together the source to the end.   I have some rather gruesome pics of what happened after this - complements of one of my friends that took the pic the night of the accident.  It took me two months to even want to view those.  And I will not post those pics - I''ll leave it to your imagination!

8 weeks Sunday...  3 more weeks NWB!     Have a nice weekend all!

G


No comments:

Post a Comment