Saturday, December 3, 2011

Connecticut Christmas Tree Farm

Thought I'd post some pics from our Christmas tree cutting adventure - I know it's off topic - but my purpose is that there is more to life than our foot injury.  We never have had a live tree and decided to do a live tree this year.  We went to our local tree farm a few miles from our house Thanksgiving weekend.  Since I have high ceilings in my house we chose a rather large tree - which was impossible to drag into the house and set up.  A couple of days ago out of nowhere the entire tree came toppling down into the living room!  Needles and ornaments flew everywhere!  All I could do was laugh - after what I was through this year, this was nothing but comical.  We cut a couple of feet off of the trunk to shorten the tree below the curve it had in the trunk and re hoisted it back up.  I think I'll go back to my artificial tree next year!  The culprit is below - this tree is about 15 ft high.


No comments:

Post a Comment