Monday, November 28, 2011

Original Accident Pictures

I know in past posts I said I would not publish these.  As time has moved on, I am becoming less disturbed and detached from the fact that these represent the beginning of my journey and a very terrible day in my life.  I have decided to post these in a separate page - mainly to demonstrate that even though this was a pretty horrible Lisfranc injury - one that I was not supposed to recover from in any good manner, you can recover successfully.

These pictures were taken by one of my friends minutes after my accident.  He took the pictures mainly to document the accident - as you never know how they could be used.

View at your own discretion - if you have a weak stomach, you may not want to view these.

4 comments:

  1. Gnarly!

    Glad your recovery is going so smoothly.
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. T - Gnarly is one way to put it! How are you coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My foot didn't look anywhere near as bad as yours did. My bruise was on the bottom of my foot so I couldn't see it. I guess I'm doing ok. I still use a cane, mostly just in case. It's been a slow process for me, but when I think about it, I am making progress. Just not as fast as I would like. Pain occurs if I stand for a long time -- walking seems ok. When I take time to reflect, I have come a very long way. I still hope to strengthen my foot and ankle a little more. I see my surgeon next on my one year anniversary. I hope your hardware removal goes well and easy. Take care of yourself. :)
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sissie - Have a great holiday. Unless I do something interesting, I will post after my hardware removal surgery on the 21st. Glenn

    ReplyDelete