Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The "New" Normal

More of the same for me these days.  It seems I have hit a plateau in terms of my healing process.  My bad foot is still bigger than my good one - and may be so for life.  When I wake up in the am, my foot is stiff and sore, and I need to limp before it gets better.  During the day, my friends and family have noticed that I still have an ever so slight limp.  Really no swelling, and really no real pain.  Just loss of flexibility.  I continue to make progress in the Gym, but there are still a number of exercises I will not be able to do.  The slight limp has caused sporadic knee pain.    So for now, this is my new normal.  Considering the serious nature of my injury, if this is what I am left with, I am not too worried.  I can live with it.   I also am fairly sure that once my hardware is removed, I can look forward to increased flexibility, and hopefully some reduction in the size of my foot!  My guess is the hardware irritates the foot since they are foreign objects lodged into the bone and joint.  How could that *NOT* cause some discomfort?  When they tell you that this injury takes six months to a year for full healing - they mean it!

No comments:

Post a Comment