Friday, October 21, 2011

End of PT - For now

Today my PT told me I am able to be discharged.  She was amazed at my level of recovery since I started PT a little over a month ago.  I am walking now pretty much normally.  Still have a little pain and stiffness in the am, no real swelling, and my left foot is still 1/4 bigger round than my right foot.  At this point, I am going to continue my workouts in the Gym, and wait to see my Surgeon Nov 17th.  Hoping to get the screws out ASAP as I can definitely feel them now.  My PT says I can feel them since my foot is no longer swollen.  This marks 17 weeks since my accident.  6 weeks weight bearing.   It has been a long journey, and one that I am sure I will be reminded of with every stiff am walk and foot twinge I get for the rest of my life.

I'd like to call this my last post - but given I still need to get the hardware removed - I think my last post will come on the 1 year anniversary of the accident - I will then close with my last post at that point.  Until then, I'll continue to post items I think folks will find of interest in terms of their own journey.

Please readers - and there are a lot of you!  From many countries!  Feel free to ask me questions.

Glenn

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Given the severity of the initial injury, this is an incredible recovery. I have a feeling you'll continue to get stronger and be one of those dudes who run a marathon. Please keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Glenn!

    It's been incredible to read your blog, what an inspiring recovery. I would love to add you to my blog-roll, I'm all about hope after Lisfranc, and your story is a great example! I'm 11 months post-injury myself, and had my screws removed a couple of weeks ago. I actually had to go back to PT after the removal, you'll have to let us know whether this is the case for you! And please keep posting!

    Alissa (lisfrancenstein.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nucklehead - as always - thanks for the positive comments! I flew tonight to DC on business - I did not set off the metal detector LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alissa - Thanks for posting from way down under! I tried to post to your blog but no luck. I'll try again when I have more time. I will also read your story. You are 1 year older than my oldest daughter - wow! stinks having a lisfranc eh? How are you getting along now that the screws came out? Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS - Please feel free to add me to your blog roll

    ReplyDelete