Friday, December 23, 2011

48 Hours Post-op

Got thru the first 24 hours with no pain.  My foot feels pretty good.  I took a look at the sutures - they are inside and I have two incisions.  One on the top of my foot closed with a butterfly bandage and one on the side of my foot closed the same way.  The incision on the side of my foot was bleeding, so I changed the butterfly bandage and then used gauze pads with large band-aids to tighten up.  This seems to be holding.  This morning I woke up at 4am to the usual nerve ending healing process.  This is a lovely feeling - feels like a little gremlin is sitting on top of your foot - and every minute he jabs a knife into your foot.  This has been going on for several hours and Advil does not help.  Getting up and walking around does though.  You see, when your body is quiet, it seems that all focus is on the nerve endings in your foot.  This should only last a few more hours as the incisions heal up.

I'll post some post-op shots soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment