Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Last Needle

Finally, today is the last time I have to self administer a blood clot shot.  After today, doc says I should use one full strength aspirin a day till further notice.  I have hated giving myself these shots.  First off, I hate needles, and to have to do yourself - into the stomach or leg has been way over the top!  I really feel for diabetics for have to do this on a daily basis for life.   Hopefully I will not have to repeat this when the 2 screws come out.  Yesterday was an interesting day for me.  A little over 2 weeks from surgery and I could feel my foot swelling come way down, and my discomfort level dropped significantly.  I am still 1 week out from having stitches removed and fear my cast may become a bit loose.  Also worried he left the stitches in a week too long.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Glenn,

    yess........... I remember the shots ! I was on 20ml heparin jabs for 7 1/2 weeks ! I hated every minute of them & I don't think I ever got used to them or felt better about doing it. I'm hoping the doc won't put me back on them follwing this next op. Thanks for your yips on visiting Newport, I googled it & it looked lovely, so it's on my list :)
    As for sailing in 30 knots of wind, we get it regularly here in GB, especially along the solent. In this years Round The Island race, they had over 35 knots at one stage & 2 mtr swells around the back of the needles. It was an eventful race this year, with a couple of sinkings, dismasts, MOB's but no-one hurt thank goodness. I'm not sure if I'll have quite the same gusto for such rough conditions when I get back to it.............
    So it's supposed to be summer here, & we're scraping 18oC today, can you believe ? I'm also supposed to be working, but am struggling with the motivation this afternoon :)
    So I hope this posts OK this time, & you managed to get into the office today.

    Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma - Your post made it! Yes my first comment! Wishing you good luck tomorrow - keep us posted. Looking forward to new Harry Potter Sunday!

    ReplyDelete