Monday, July 18, 2011

3 Weeks - The Good, Bad, and Ugly

I just hit the 3 week mark since surgery.  Some things going well, some things not so well.  As far as my injury, it seems stable, and I am in no pain.  I do still need to elevate whenever possible.  Otherwise, I can feel the swelling come on.  I do feel pinches and pins and needles from time to time - but nothing serious.  I have been getting around pretty well.  I've been to work, my boat, outside, even cooked a little while on my knee rider.  Even went to the movies.  What is not going so well is the fact that it is such a chore to do anything - get upstairs, in the car, dressed, showered, the bathroom.  Everything takes twice as long.  I need to rely on people for anything major.  My gardens are filling with weeds - (not that I enjoy pulling weeds or spending anytime in the garden, its a necessary evil).  My pool has a minor leak I need to attend to.  My car battery is dead, and my home office chair needs an adjustment.  All these things require a trip into the basement for proper tools and require 2 feet to really fix. These things add to the fact that I am facing at least 3 more weeks in the cast - and then the boot.  So the shear duration of the healing process for this injury REALLY can get you down.  My best advice and the advice of others - keep busy, try not to feel sorry for yourself - and make the best of each day knowing that SOME day in the future, you will be walking again without crutches, knee-walker, boot, cain, walker, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment