Thursday, July 14, 2011

Getting into the office

Well yesterday was my first trip into the office.  I had a scheduled meeting that I had arranged awhile ago with all of our regional staff so I had to be there.  My wife drove me, and the trip took about 40 minutes.  Once I arrived I used the knee-walker to get into the elevator and up to the 3rd floor.  No problems.  I did get a few curious looks though.  One guy even asked me what happened.  Which became a story I had to repeat over and over and over.  The meeting went well, I even stayed around for a small cocktail reception that I hosted - and the conversations slowly turned back to work vs what happened to my foot.  I kept my foot propped the entire meeting and thru dinner.  For 19 days post surgery I was prepared for some swelling which did not happen.  Back into my home office today and then I will attempt to get back into the office next week for meetings - by myself, and possibly into NYC by train for a client meeting.  I am encouraged that staying off of my feet and propping my feet up *most* of the time, will allow for some jaunts out to get business done.  Taking it slow and adhering to all the advice from my fellow Lisfranc friends and of course the Doc.

No comments:

Post a Comment