Monday, January 30, 2012

The Revolution -- 7 Months since my injury

I just hit my 7 month mark.  As they say - this is a 6 month to 1 year recovery time.  Where am I?  There are periods of time when my foot does not feel any differently than my 'good' foot.  My 2nd surgery scars are almost healed! Yea! - I still am stiff after sitting for awhile or first thing in the am.  I still can limp from time to time but really working on focusing on walking normal - my wife says that my residual limp is somewhat a habit.  This is probably somewhat true and sometimes she catches me walking after I have been sitting for awhile and I will limp.  Foot almost never swells - but yesterday after a lot of heavy lifting around the house - and up and down a ladder cleaning and fixing a ceiling fan my foot was a bit swollen - but within an hour of resting the swelling came back down.

The Revolution - My local gym's fitness challenge - who can lose the most body fat and weight in 8 weeks - hardcore workouts and diet - Just in time for me to lose my post Lisfranc weight gain.  Hoping by month 9 to be a new me!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you are doing so well. I'm hanging in there. It's been a year -- the pain isn't horrible. If no one asks, I don't think about it. It just feels sore. At my last doctor's visit I asked about getting my hardware out. My doctor said I could if I wanted. I asked him if he would do it, he said no. I asked if I needed a phillips or flat head screw driver should my screws come out. He said I would need a hexagon from a special tool box. My screws aren't going anywhere. He was happy with my xrays,said I could sky dive if I wanted. He said we would always be good friends, gave m business card with his email, cell phone, nurses' email, and office number, and told me to call if I had any problems. I thought about seeing if he could fix up my computer, or give me a suggestion on car repairs... but guess not.
    I still have pt/pt gym program to continue strengthening my foot, ankle, knee, leg. I've been a bit under the weather so I have not partaken.
    It's great to hear how well you are doing. It is certainly an encouragement to me to hear success stories.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sissie - Surprised your screws don't need to come out - goes to show each Dr. and each case are different. Believe me - there was a point in December when I thought - why not just leave them in? Now that I am about healed up from that surgery I am glad they came out - but I was not thinking that a month ago when my foot was infected :-) I think sky diving is in order for you! and - keep your kids away from the school custodian's Craftsman Toolbox - I think he has one of those hex screw drivers. LOL!

    ReplyDelete