Saturday, January 21, 2012

4 Weeks Post 2nd Surgery to remove hardware

Wow - I can't believe it's been 4 weeks since my hardware removal.  For me, the second recovery is dragging along.  While I can walk, exercise, etc., and I am generally in no pain, the surgical incisions are taking sooooo looong to heal.  My top incision is healed over and scarred.  But it still hurts to wear a dress shoe - it's the rubbing on the new skin.  This also causes me to limp slightly - which is very frustrating.   The second wound - my "problem wound", is healing along nicely - seems to be shrinking in size and does not look as deep.  I decided to keep this one covered with a band-aid, and I just change it every morning.  So the wound is still moist - but not oozing and bleeding anymore.  It really does not hurt either since it is not in a place that rubs against a shoe.  

I cannot wait to post here that my wounds are healed up - then I will have an accurate assessment of what I am left with in terms of foot pain and flexibility.  I suspect just based on where I am now - that my flexibility is much better than when the screws were in the foot but that I will still have some stiffness in the am.

No comments:

Post a Comment