Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 4th!

A day late I know....  Catching up on the news as I started my vacation this week.  Funny the political correctness around the 4th.  You have got to be kidding!  We can't in this country even celebrate what is a great holiday without politicizing it.   Yes - we celebrate our independence from Britain on this day.  But to me - it's more than that.  It's the high-point of Summer!  A great time to take time off with friends and family. To spend time outdoors - even if it is 100 degrees out!  Over the past 2 weeks I was lucky enough to catch 3 fireworks shows!  One on my boat in Branford CT - the scene of my Lisfranc accident last year.  Then, from the back of my boat in my homeport of Stratford CT, and finally, aboard a friends very nice boat anchored in front of the Fairfield CT fireworks.  All awesome!  We came back to our marina last night in the dark - with lightning lighting up the sky and a couple of tropical down-pours. Glad I was not at the helm - sometimes its really fun to let somebody else do the driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment