Monday, June 25, 2012

1 Year Later

It has been one year since my accident.  I went back by boat this weekend to where the accident occurred for the same event.  This time, I was VERY careful stepping off of the boat, and walking about the marina.  My friends were all commenting on last year - and joking about making sure it did not happen again.

Well, one year later, and I am very appreciative of the fact that I walk with no limp, and if you did not know my story, you would never know that I was injured.  I'd say I have even improved since my last post.  My foot is not as stiff as it was even 1 month ago, and I rarely have pain.  I will now book my final follow-up with my Surgeon and close this chapter of my life.

For all of you suffering from this injury in your early stages of healing - or even the late stages of healing - Remember - not all the stories are doom and gloom.  Hang in there -  time will hopefully heal your wounds.

I wish everybody the best of luck.....

                                   Last post for awhile.....  Glenn

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Glen. Hard to believe its been a year already. I am doing well myself, the occasional stiffness here and there. Life seems to be passing quickly as usual, yet I still hear the echo of this injury. I'll never forget this experience. I doubt anybody does under these circumstances. You're right about many things. This has definitely changed me, mostly for the better (thank goodness). I hope you continue to post and it doesn't have to be related to this injury. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nucklehead! Glad to hear you are doing well! You know, you just gave me an idea. I have been telling my kids that I wanted to start a blog to chronicle my life - so they would have something to read about me if and when I leave this planet. I have been procrastinating with that - but, I see no reason to take this blog in a new direction - and that's to really just post my current events. Take care for now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are finally fully healed, Glen. I'm now 8 months out from my injury and reading your latest post gives me yet further hope that I too, will eventually get rid of this limp completely and be pain free. I wish you all the best for a wonderful future enjoying as much time as you can on your boat! And yes, I think this particular injury changes us all in more ways than one. All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Statia! Thanks for stopping by. Keep pushing - and hopefully you will make some progress. There is a difference from month to month - so as you hit the 12 month mark hopefully you will see more progress!

      Regards, Glenn

      Delete