Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Closure

June 2013

Hi - I see I am well over 6000 views!   Coming up on my 2 year anniversary of my accident and heading back to the scene of the accident this weekend.  Hopefully they will not put my boat into the same slip I was in two years ago when this happened!

Well, 2 years later - I still have a stiff foot sometimes, and sometimes it's sore - especially during a change in the weather.   Nothing serious - and I assume that will be my permanent reminder of that fateful weekend.  Otherwise, life is normal - I exercise - jog, etc.  I even did a 6 mile walk last weekend with no ill effects.

Given that the injury happened so long ago, I have decided to close any further entries to this blog.  But I will leave it out in Cyberspace hoping it helps somebody else with a Lisfranc injury cope or understand what they might be in for.  I'll check back from time to time - and will answer any responses if any.

Take care......  Glenn


5 comments:

  1. Glenn,

    It went by fast didn't it. Thanks for sharing your story. The recover is a long process. Your injury was pretty bad, but you still managed to get better. I hope others who read this can see it's not all doom and gloom.

    Cheers,

    Nucklehead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to say thankyou for documenting your 'journey'.

    As you can doubtless guess I am also a 'Lisfranc-er'. obtained in the 'traditional' manner when an itchy pony decided to roll whilst I was riding her. This work of a moment produced 5 dislocations and 3 fractures...

    I'm about 6 weeks in, and today decided it was time to start researching the prognosis... hence I found you

    As with many things on the internet, doom and gloom seems to outweigh the positive
    and as I make a living from horse training the outcome is not only a physical, emotional and psychological concern
    but a fiscal one too

    THEREFORE it was great to come across a frank, honest, realistic description..
    written by someone with a 'can do' attitude and a determination to make the best of it...

    thankyou for providing both inspiration and hope
    and Realism

    very best regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. For links to more people who have been through Lisfranc
    I've set up a Facebook Group set up to pull together a Lisfranc Club... link is
    https://www.facebook.com/LisfrancFractureClub

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Labruyere - Thanks for your posts! Good luck in your recovery and be sure to check out comments from some of my earlier posts - there are some other great blogs out there to read about other's journeys.

      Regards, Glenn

      Delete
    2. Thanks Glenn
      I hope you're still recovering well
      - don't worry - I avidly read the whole blog including comments!!

      I have posted a link to this blog on the FB page mentioned above
      it's early days but the more I research this, the more confirmation I get that there is a real need out there for a support group to get people through that first year

      if you have FB would value your contributions to this fledgling group
      and those of your commenters too

      (hopefully cast off and wires out this week - then I might be able to get an idea of the extent of my 'challenges' - if I'm allowed to start experimenting with PWB that is)

      thanks again
      best regards, Heather

      Delete