Sunday, April 8, 2012

Over 2000 Hits

Wow!  2000 hits.   Many, many countries.  The other day I was bragging to my kids and I told them I was world famous.  My daughter aptly pointed out - No - I was not famous - but I was "World Read".   Kind of cool none the less.  Easter morning here in coastal Connecticut.  The trees are blooming a little early due to our warm late winter, the grass has greened up, and some lovesick Robin keeps banging into our picture window - enamored with his/her own reflection.

Reading the news these days bums me out.  The world is in turmoil, my country is split in half in some crazy political, ideological battle.  I can only imagine what the rest of the world thinks of us.

Years ago in my younger days, I used to fancy myself as a surfer.  I bought a couple of surfboards, and any chance I got, I got up at the crack of dawn and headed down to the NJ shore to catch some waves.  There is nothing like catching a wave and experiencing the solitude of the Ocean.  So where am I going with this?  I was in the DR's waiting room Friday waiting for my son to get his cast off - after breaking his arm 6 weeks ago wrestling, and I picked up a copy of "Surfer Magazine".  I started to read an article about the good samaritans in California who came to the aid of non locals surfing local only surf spots.  You see in California - the home of peace and love, there lives a hypocritical culture.  If you even try to surf a local surf spot out there you may find yourself getting cursed at, punched in the face, or your car vandalized.  There apparently is a movement underway by a group of soul surfers who are coming to the aid of these victimized surfers and they are showing these locals that there is a better, kinder way to share the waves.  And it seems to be catching on.

Maybe someday there will be a movement or a leader to show us all a kinder and better way to share our planet.  Happy Easter, Passover, or whatever your faith or beliefs may be!

2 comments:

  1. What ho Justchillin !
    I Just added an update to my blog so though I'd check in to your blog to see how you are doing :-) It looks good chappy I have to say, jogging & everything huh ?
    Sincere congratulations Glenn, apologies for the silence & absence, a full explanation is on my blog, better grab the hankies ;-)
    Keep up the good work, how is life back out on the water ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! Sorry - been busy with life and work - but I did just happen to pop in on your blog a few days ago - waiting for the weekend to respond - I am happy for you and happy your man is sticking with you! Curious if you have been out on the water? Boat has been in since mid March and we took our first ride last weekend - very nice - no chop, no wind. Next day, took ride to the scene of my accident on a friends boat - lots of wind and lots of you blow boaters out there! I'll pop over to your blog to say hello!

    ReplyDelete